Monday, April 9, 2007

Betcha don't know what a gaffer is!

Hey all! I'm Jac Woods and I'm the Gaffer on Res.Life. What is a Gaffer, you ask? (It's OK, I get it a lot.) A gaffer is the main lighting guy (or gal, in this case). He or she designs (along with the Director of Photography - aka Leo) and implements the lighting schemes for every scene. In other words, I light the sets. I make it so that you can actually see an image through the camera... because what can you see without any light, right? You with me? Good.

OK, so over the past few months we've been training in the studio with the camera and the lights, which is a good thing because I barely knew anything about lighting before January. But, between the lighting class I'm taking and this class for Res.Life, I've definitely learned a ton this semester and I'm sure I'm only going to learn more once the filming begins.

That brings us to another point... the filming is almost beginning! We start on Saturday and I know it sounds cheesy but I can hardly believe it! Time has flown! I think we're all ready and if not, then we'll have to deal. But, I think we'll do an amazing job. You be the judge though!

I've also been working closely with Leo (and the other crew members) on some extra content stuff for publicity. Hopefully you'll be able to see those videos soon!

Alright, I'm not too good at these blog thingys (hence the reason why I'm the last to write one), but I think I've said my peace, for now at least. I'll give you another update when I have more to say!

Wish us luck!

No comments: