Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So this guy walks into a production office...

Hello and greetings from COM 223E! I am Res. Life's production coordinator Rich Kearney, not to be confused with key and dolly grip Rich Kearney, I can't stand that guy. Always cryin and moanin, "oh i need more tools", "oh this wrench is the wrong size," "i wanna four foot piece of track" Waaah Waah Waah, shut up already. Sorry I go on tangents, but ANYWAY, as production coordinator I run the official Res Life production office. It's a magical little place with shelves, bulletin boards, filing cabinets, shelves, and even a computer (with the Internet on it)! (I'll be sure to include a photo next time!) From our office I maintain our master and weekly schedules, as well as contact and crew lists, and send them out to whomever it may concern on a semi-regular basis. Production Coordinator is by and a large an organizational and detailed oriented position that operates as the communications backbone of the production managing the flow of information between the various departments. At least that’s what I read on Wikipedia. But ANYWAY, in layman’s terms, I write a lot of emails. My daily activities include fielding compliments, bothering Professor Schneider, smacking around our archaic printer, waiting for these meddling kids to get off the darned computer, facebooking, re-delegating tasks, disseminating information, gumming up the works down at the copy room, answering all of Elyse’s requests with a resounding ‘I’ll put it in my queue,’ stuffing everyone’s mailboxes (virtual and physical) with various items, and occasionally ordering take out. Oh yeah and I got us some sweet office supplies too, like an erasable wall calendar, and what Professor Schneider called “the nicest 3 hole punch I’ve ever seen.” (pics to follow!) I’m in the office all day on Wednesdays and sporadically during the week. If you wanna chat some time gimme a call on the office line at 617-353-5971 (please no seamstresses, carpenters or methodical planner types). And beware of that grip guy, he stole my name, he’ll steal your gloves.

No comments: